Paris, known as the City of Love or the Romantic Capital of the world, is a popular destination for couples and lovers. The city’s stunning architecture, iconic landmarks, beautiful gardens, and unique atmosphere all contribute to its reputation as one of the most romantic places in the world. From the Eiffel Tower to the Seine River, Paris is full of romantic spots and activities that will make your trip unforgettable.
This Valentine’s was my first time to Paris with a partner and it was nothing short of magical! I had never been to Paris this time of year, and while there were some chilly days, it was cold but beautiful. Maybe I’m romanticizing the city even more, but certain coziness exists in Paris during the winter months that turns every restaurant and cafe into an intimate warm retreat. Anastasios and I were lucky enough to “meet in the middle” this year in Paris for a delayed Valentine’s Day thanks to the all-business-class airline La Compagnie and Ladurée!
One of the most iconic and romantic landmarks in Paris is the Eiffel Tower, which was built for the 1889 World’s Fair. This iconic structure provides a breathtaking view of the city and is a popular spot for couples to watch the sunset and enjoy a romantic picnic. The tower also has a number of restaurants (Le Jules Verne, Madame Brewery, Champagne Bar) making it a perfect place for a romantic dinner. The views of the city from the top of the tower are truly stunning, and the experience of climbing to the top is an adventure in itself!
Another romantic spot in Paris is the Seine River, which runs through the heart of the city. Taking a boat tour of the Seine is a must-do activity for couples visiting Paris. During the tour, you’ll see some of the city’s most famous landmarks, such as Notre-Dame Cathedral (still currently under construction!) and the Louvre Museum, while enjoying a relaxing and romantic ride along the river. Paris is also known for its beautiful parks and gardens, which are perfect for a romantic picnic or stroll. The Jardin du Luxembourg (my fa vorite!)is one of the most popular gardens in Paris, and it’s a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Another beautiful park is the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, which is located on a hill in the north of the city. The park offers stunning views of Paris and is a great place to spend an afternoon with your loved one.
If you’re looking for a romantic experience in Paris, consider visiting one of the city’s many museums. The Musée d’Orsay, for example, is a beautiful museum located in an old train station, and it’s home to an impressive collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art. The Louvre Museum is also a popular choice for couples, as it is home to the famous Mona Lisa painting and a vast collection of other works of art.
Paris is also famous for its incredible food and quality of wine – there are plenty of romantic restaurants in the city where you can enjoy a delicious and intimate meal! From traditional French bistros to elegant Michelin-starred restaurants, there is something for every taste and budget. A favorite spot of mine for dinner is Frenchie or Le Train Bleu, and Hotel Costes or Ralph’s for lunch! A candlelit dinner in one of these romantic restaurants is the perfect way to end a day of exploring Paris! Here are some fun & romantic activities to do around Paris with your partner as well as some of my favorite intimate restaurants and bars!
Date Ideas & Romantic Things to Do:
- Visit The Wall of Love – ‘Le Mur Des Je t’aime’ (18th Arr.)
- Take a walk along the banks of the Seine
- Have a picnic at the Jardin du Luxembourg (6th Arr.)
- Take a sunset cruise on the Seine
- Go vist the Palace of Versailles and stroll in the palace gardens
- Take in the views at the top of the Arc de Triomphe (8th Arr.)
- Have a kiss on the top of the Eiffel Tower
- Go see the Opera at the Opera Garnier
- Take a cocktail class at Shake N’Smash (3rd Arr.)
- Go to a museum:
- Picnic in the Place des Vosges and stroll along the arcade (3rd Arr.)
- Take a hot air balloon over Paris!
- See the Ballet
- Visit the romantic Parc Monceau
- Get a private tour of the city of Paris in a vintage Citroën 2CV with Driver!
- Catch a vintage film at the iconic Le Champo cinema
- Take in the views at the Pont des Arts
- Wander through the Père Lachaise Cemetary hand-in-hand
- Stand under the stained glass at Sainte-Chapelle
Romantic Spots to Eat:
- Le Jules Verne (1st Arr.) – Elegant, airy restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, for creative French cuisine & city views. It doesn’t get more romantic than a table for 2 up IN the Eiffel Tower!
- Vivant 2 (10th Arr.) – Upscale dinner experience with a focus on their incredible wine selection!
- *La Belle Epoque (1st Arr.) – Traditional brasserie serving meat & fish dishes in a 1920s-style dining room or at sidewalk tables.
- Allard (6th Arr.) – Old-school bistro offering elevated, traditional French dishes & wines in a warm atmosphere.
- Frenchie (2nd Arr.) – Rustic-chic stop for seasonal French dishes with global influences, plus chef’s carte blanche menus.
- Hotel Costes (1st Arr.) – At the hotel’s restaurant, this see-and-be-seen spot is a bit overpriced but you’re paying for the beautiful interiors and people-watching! Be sure to call at 9 am the morning of to make a reservation!
- *Ralph’s (6th Arr.) – Ralph Lauren’s restaurant. Pricy, but in a beautiful courtyard (worth taking a peek at if you’re not eating there!) It’s on Rue Saint Germaine, a ritzy part of town and great to walk up & down.
- La Tour d’Argent (5th Arr.) – Centuries-old quayside emblem of upscale French cuisine famed for its house special, pressed duck.
- Pertinence (7th Arr.) – The French cuisine at this intimate & elegant restaurant is adorned with Japanese techniques to draw all its quintessence. Near the Fontaine de Mars, Pertinence is a hidden place where only 14 guests can be served!
- Girafe (8th Arr.) – Gourmet seafood dishes in an upscale restaurant with a terrace & Eiffel Tower views!
- Caffè Stern (2nd Arr.) – Located in a historical French landmark (in one of the oldest-surviving arcades in Paris), with a nod to Parisian bistros, this restaurant is serving up Italian classics, but with a French twist!
- *Septime (11th Arr.) – Refined tasting menus featuring creative dishes paired with wines, in a minimalist space.
- Le Train Bleu (12th Arr.) – Classic French dishes like foie gras & steak tartare in a lavish space with high ceilings, frescoes & stunning chandeliers! This is a classic and elegant restaurant and is sure to impress your date!
- Buvette (9th Arr.) – Breakfast eggs, bistro classics & a well-stocked wine cellar in a trendy venue with exposed bricks! You can also dine at their London or NYC locations!
- Le Coupe-Chou (5th Arr.) – The Coupe-Chou is a romantic and elegant restaurant classified Louis XIII located in the heart of the Latin Quarter in Paris. They’re serving up traditional French cuisines such as escargot and foie gras!
- Le Petit Commines (3rd Arr.) – Seasonal dishes crafted from locally sourced produce & a thoughtful wine list in a romantic setting.
- Le Bon Georges (9th Arr.) – This is such a people-pleaser and bound to be one of the best meals of your Paris trip! This classic Parisian bistro with sidewalk tables has a chalkboard menu of daily dishes & a long wine list. Get the “mayonnaise eggs!”
- Monsieur Bleu (8th Arr.) – Chic eatery in the Palais de Tokyo offering Eiffel Tower views & serving local classics & brunch.
- Le Cinq (8th Arr.) – Located at Four Seasons Hotel George V, this three Michelin-star fine dining restaurant is creatively plating French dishes in a richly decorated, Regency-style dining room with a wine cellar.
- Seb’on (18th Arr.) – Elegantly plated seasonal cuisine in a rustic-chic restaurant with a window into the kitchen.
Romantic Spots to Grab a Drink:
- Bar Hemmingway at The Ritz (1st Arr.)
- George’s on top of the Pompidou Museum (1st Arr.)
- *Le Mary Celeste (3rd Arr.)
- Baccarat Cristal Room (8th Arr.)
- Le Bar Botaniste at the Shangri-La (8th Arr.)
- Harry’s New York Bar (1st Arr.)
- Experimental Cocktail Club (2nd Arr.)
- Bar 228 at Hotel Le Meurice (1st Arr.)
- Persciption Cocktail Bar (6th Arr.)
- La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels (6th Arr.)
- Moonshiner (11th Arr.)
- Frenchie’s Bar A Vins (2nd Arr.)
- Perchoir du Marais (3rd Arr.)
- Lulu White (9th Arr.)
- Le Grand Salon at L’Hotel Particulier Montmartre (18th Arr.)
Most Romantic Stays in Paris:
For a truly romantic experience in Paris, consider staying in a luxurious hotel. Paris has some of the most beautiful and romantic hotels in the world, and many of them are located in historic buildings with stunning views of the city. Staying in a romantic hotel is the perfect way to enjoy the city’s charm and beauty in comfort and style!
- Sinner Paris (3rd Arr.) – Most recently I stayed at Sinner Paris, a playful & provocative boutique hotel in the Marais! Decorated with stained glass and lanterns, this mischievous hotel offers an intimate ambiance. Right when you walk into the lobby, you’re met with smoke from the burning palo santo as well as a club-like bar serving up some wicked signature cocktails — it’s one of the most happening spots in Paris to be! The dining at the Sinner Restaurant brings together elevated street food from all over the world – accompanied by a DJ playing deep house music. The rooms were incredibly spacious and luxurious with so much character. I definitely got some home inspiration there from all the beautiful artwork and design of the room! We had breakfast in bed both mornings of our stay and it was such a luxury! You can enjoy the Greek & Roman-inspired pool in the spa that’s open 24/7, as well as other treatments! It’s located my favorite neighborhood in Paris as it’s so walkable and has some of my favorite shopping, cafes, and restaurants!
- SO/Paris (3rd Arr.) – Where luxury meets fashion! Located in scenic banks of the Seine, this is one of the newer hotels in Paris! It boasts some pretty iconic views from their rooftop restaurant Bonnie and late-night club by the same name! The design of this hotel really stands out as it’s modern and fresh. The rooms
If you’re traveling to Paris from New York City, I’d consider looking into booking a flight with La Compagnie! They’re a French airline that flies between NYC and Paris with all-business-class planes. Anastasios and I took our flights with them and it was an absolute dream! They make business-class travel more modern & affordable with prices half the typical cost of a business-class ticket! The experience was seamless and truly one of the best travel situations I’ve ever had in the air! From the fast-track through airport security all the way to the boarding process, it was a breeze. The service on board was fantastic and I took full advantage of the lay-down beds and caught some great sleep on the way to & from Paris! Some yummy dinner and lunch was served aboard, with a sweet treat from Ladurée! I landed feeling very refreshed and ready to tackle the day!
Paris is the perfect destination for a romantic getaway. From the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River to the beautiful parks and gardens, and the world-class museums and restaurants, Paris has everything you need to make your trip unforgettable. Whether you’re planning a honeymoon, an anniversary celebration, or just a romantic escape, Paris is the perfect choice!